Finding the right contractor to do your bathroom or kitchen remodeling can be challenging and daunting. If you’ve never done any home remodeling before, where do you start? If you live in densely populated areas like Northern Virginia, McLean, or Washington DC, you will find that there are so many home remodeling contractors to choose from.
Whether you are referred to a contractor through a neighbor or friend, or finding one yourself through online searches, it will always be helpful if you create an outline in the first place. Kitchen or bathroom remodeling is not a light task and can take a few weeks to months. Creating and referencing an outline will help you navigate your way to successfully getting your remodeling job done and add value to your house.
Below is a sample outline for kitchen remodeling, but you can modify it for any other types of remodeling including bathroom, basement, home additions, or garage. It is only meant to be a sample and I encourage you to create your own outline for your specific need. However, if you need help putting an outline together, you can always contact us and we will be glad to help you.
Outline of Work for Kitchen Remodeling
- Choose style of kitchen desired.
- Draw a rough draft of kitchen or obtain a pre-drawn plan.
- Make a list of required materials.
- Select materials to be used and price them.
- Make a list of contractors needed or a list of general contractors
- Contact contractors and obtain quotes.
- Evaluate budget needs and if you can afford the remodeling
- Make any necessary financing arrangement
- Choose contractors and verify their references
- Draw up contracts or any other necessary documents
- Schedule work
- Start work
- Inspect work
- Ask for copies of code enforcement inspections
- Make payments and have lien waivers signed
- Inspect completed job. Make punch-list if necessary.
- Make final inspection and give approval to contractors
- Make final payment minus retainages
- Make retainage payments
About US Home Design Build
US Home Design Build specializes in remodeling, design and build in Northern Virginia. Our focus is putting our years of experience and expertise to work to ensure the best possible experience for you from the first time you call us until the finishing touches are in place, laying the foundation for a relationship that lasts a lifetime.
If you need any remodeling work done, please contact us to see how we can help you today.